Follow us on Twitter @BONAFIDERESULTS
There is absolutely no quit regarding this Team Bonafide Results member. Her motto is, "I train when you sleep". There is an eagerness from this mother of two to always want to know why and do better. Her dedication and intensity are the attributes that will propel her in her very first Drug-Free Figure/Fit-body Competition.
In The Beginning
Mrs. Newman has employed Team Bonafide Results' attitude, philosophy, and action into changing her diet and exercise regime into a positive life-changing reality.
Here are some facts about Rachel:
- Birthplace : Buffalo, New York
- Education : Sweet Home High School ('92), SUNY College@New Paltz ('96) - BA Secondary Ed/English, Daemen College ('03) - Masters Special Education k-12
- Athletic Past : Ha! None, unless you count one season of tennis (I was horrible) fall '88
- Leisure Time Activities : Spending time with my 2 children, going to the gym, going out for dinner and drinks with my friends
- What do you like most about Health & Fitness : The way it makes ME feel. Also, allowing me to be proud of my body
- What pet peeves do you have about Health & Fitness : It irks me when people are using equipment/weights/machines ineffectively or inappropriately and NO ONE (trainers) helps them fix their form. I also can not stand it when people use weight benches as water bottle holders
- Favorite music to work out to : It must have a beat!! Right now my playlist includes Brittney's latest, Krewella, Chris Brown, Eminem, Jay-Z's "Holy Grail" to name a few
- Favorite Foods : I LOVE BIG salads with LOTS of veggies, Greek yogurt with mix-ins, P28 bread, protein pancakes
- Least Favorite Foods : If I don't like it, I won't eat it! However, on prep it's beginning to be chicken
- Cheat Food : Thin crust pizzas with sun dried tomatoes & goat cheese
- What/Who inspires you : People who can make things happen! Positive people. I love looking at strong, muscular females who have beautiful sculpted bodies
- Future Goals : Continue with this journey AT AGE 39, compete in Bodybuilding shows, continue to be the best English teacher I can be
- Favorite body part to train : Shoulders!
- Least favorite to train : Legs
- If you weren't into Health & Fitness, what would you like to be? An Actress???
- What is something about you that would surprise people : People seem to be surprised that I graduated 40lbs. heavier than I am now, and the last thing I EVER wanted to do was actually exercise!!!
Rachel (aka - Killer) has been an absolute pleasure to work with. She often says, "We are a TEAM!" That is indeed true. Whether you know it or not, you inspire US! Your positivity and never say never mentality motivates us, others in the gym and your peers.
October 19th, 2013 is your day, Rachel. Go get 'em!!!
"When They Are Ready...They Are Champions!"