Follow us on Twitter @BONAFIDERESULTS
This multi-sport college athlete, professional educator, multi-sport HS coach, professional husband/Father/motivator has vastly excelled at High Intensity Crossfit training, Strongman lifts and Tough Mudder obstical enigineer brings to all (he touches) wisdom, desire, strength, passion and poise.
Here are some facts about Doug Newman:
- Birthplace : Buffalo, New York
- Education : Buffalo State College - B.Sc. Social Studies Education 7-12, 5 & 6 ext., Masters History Education, Minor Athletic Coaching
- Credentials: Certified in Special Education (teach Special Education), Minor in Athletic Coaching, 15 years of Coaching High School
Swimming, Member of the American Swim Coaches Association (ASCA), 6 years coaching
high school track
- Highest Competition : Division III Athletics (4 year member of the Buffalo State
College Swim Team, Captain my senior year) Water Polo Club member (treasurer &
- Leisure Time Activities : Reading historical non-fiction, watching TV, talking
sports with anyone that will listen, working out, and hanging out with my wife and
- What do you like most about Health & Fitness : Being active, accomplishing
personal best lifts, WODs and the feeling of being able to accomplish anything
- What pet peeves do you have about Health & Fitness : Watching people not putting
forth an honest effort, or not completing a workout with the integrity the workout
requires to complete it.
- Favorite music to work out to : Pearl Jam, Beastie Boys, Mighty Mighty Bosstones,
Rage Against The Machine, Drowning Pool, etc. You get the idea.
- Favorite Foods : Chicken fingers, pizza, anything chocolate
- Least Favorite Foods : Pork
- Cheat Food : Ice cream, pizza, chicken finger subs
- What/Who inspires you : To prove myself and push myself (to make my family proud)
- Future Goals : To coach a state champion in swimming, to compete in strong man
and master Crossfit regionals or games.
- Favorite body part to train : Shoulders, Legs (always trying to improve my lower
- Least favorite to train : Chest
- If you weren't into Health & Fitness, what would you like to be? No idea
- What is something about you that would surprise people : That I am not a physical
"When they are ready...They Are Champions"